HNY are designed and run by volunteers from the local community in East and West Hanney, collectively known as The Hanneys. They are designed to help Hanney residents and visitors learn about The Hanneys, past and present, and be a central signposting website for the local clubs, community groups and services.
- We at HNY take your privacy and our security obligations seriously. We will strive to protect your personal information by using security technology appropriately. This means we ensure that:
- Appropriate security measures will be in place to protect your personal information.
- When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, that they will also have appropriate security measures in place.
- We will respect your privacy and will not send any marketing material to you unless you have opted in to receive such marketing information. However, we may contact you to confirm the data you have provided or entered to ensure its accuracy.
- We will only collect and use the personal information you have freely provided, be that verbally, in written form or electronically via forms on the websites.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect about you and how we will use it and store it.
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will ensure that information is deleted securely as and when required.
- Our websites are accessible via the Internet. This therefore means that anyone around the world who visits our website can see anything posted there, namely any comments that you may post.
- We do not transfer any personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
The Information We Collect
Personal and non-personal information may be collected either directly from you or automatically from your device as follows.
Data Directly Provided
When you use our services we collect the personal information that you provide us in relation to the delivery of those services, be that verbally, in writing or via email.
When you visit our websites we collect the personal information that you provide us via our online forms for enquiries.
Examples of the information we may collect are your name, your email address, your mobile number, your telephone number, as well as any other personal information you choose to provide us.
Browser-Based Data Automatically Provided
We may also collect non-personally identifiable browser-based information regarding how you use our websites.
Examples of the information collected automatically relate to the device used to access our website and may include the following information: the name and version of the operating system used, the name and version of the web browser used, the device’s current IP address, the referring website, the date, time and duration of the pages visited, and search terms used. For further information, please refer to our Cookies Policy, or otherwise email us. The link to the Cookies Policy and our contact details are provided under the Legal & Contact Information section towards the end of this document.
Why We Use Your Information
Via Our Services
- To maintain our community contact records
- To deliver our website services
- To operate, maintain and support the services we provide
- To process and complete transactions and send related information including transaction confirmations
- To respond to enquiries
- To provide local community service and support
- To investigate and prevent unauthorised access to our services, and other fraudulent or illegal activities
- For any other purposes for which we notify users
Via Our Website
- For administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing
- To monitor and improve the performance of our websites
- To analyse the use of our websites for trend monitoring and marketing purposes
- For the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information, to fulfil your request for information on our services, for example
- To ensure the safety and security of our websites
Additionally, we may use the information you provide us via our our websites to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding information and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. The option to opt-out of such communication will always be available to you at any time.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for any services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information please contact us using the details provided under the Legal & Contact Information section towards the end of this document.
Third Party Disclosure of Information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone under any circumstances.
We may share information, including personal information collected via our websites, with trusted third parties that provide services for HNY such as hosting and Internet connectivity. We may also share non-personal information with business partners in order to enhance our services. These third parties are prohibited from using the information we provide for purposes other than performing the services we prescribe. If you do not want us to share your information with these third parties, contact us using the details provided under the Legal & Contact Information section towards the end of this document.
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the police or security services.
You have the following rights at any time under the GDPR:
- To be informed about your personal information
- To request a copy of your personal information
- To request the correction of your personal information
- To request the erasure of personal data (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances
- To request that the processing of your personal information is suppressed in certain circumstances
- To receive a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in a commonly used and machine-readable format
- To object to the processing of your information under certain circumstances
- To not to be subject to a decision based upon automated processing
- To be informed of any personal data breach
For full details regarding your rights under the GDPR visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
The following lawful bases are those under which HNY collects and processes your personal information:
- Legitimate Interests
- To deliver and support our website services
Our websites does not permit any advertising.
Links To Other Websites
Within HNY we do provide links to resources or documents that we believe to be useful, such sites are operated by third parties under different privacy policies therefore we cannot accept any responsibility for their content or control of their policies.
We will retain your personal data for such time as appropriate for administering your connection with us, after which we will securely delete/destroy your data:
- Contact Records: 4 years for legal and insurance purposes.
- Service Records: 4 years for legal and insurance purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and 1998 UK Data Protection Act (DPA) we are obliged to say who the ‘data controller’ is with respect to any products and services we provide, be they through traditional channels or via our website. The data controller is the organisation responsible for collecting and protecting information and, in our case, is:
The Hanneys Community Websites
Hanney War Memorial Hall
Oxfordshire OX12 0JL
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find the following links useful:
- Our Cookies Policy – https://thehanneys.uk/legal/cookies/
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – https://ico.org.uk/
- Data Protection Act 1998 – https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
- 1995 EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC – https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:31995L0046
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact HNY via the address shown above or via email: email@example.com.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. In the case of the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/concerns.